Whew ;(o_O)'

Friday, September 19, 2008


It is with great relief after many hours of worry, a placement test sprung on me last minute (OK, so I had two hours), and a reassuring meeting with my advisor, that I can report to you my official courseload for this semester:

  • Introduction to Ministry Studies 
  • Histories, Theologies, and Practices of Christianity
  • Preaching for Social Change
  • Meaning Making (a course to make us "think theologically" about our internships)
  • Advanced Japanese
I would like to add that this whole shopping for classes thing is not as grand as I had imagined. As you attend each class you gather assignments from books you don't have for classes you aren't sure you will even continue on in. Case in point: I had to learn the Greek alphabet overnight for Elementary Greek, a course I ended up not taking. Lest I be overly pessimistic, the silver lining to be found in this cloud is that I can now fully grasp the awesomeness of God as portrayed in Revelations 21:13, in which He (God has a penis you know) proclaims, "I am the alpha and the omega." Truly, our God is a mighty God. Those letters were hard to learn.


0 comments: